Personal Data Protection Policy
CURRENT LEGAL FRAMEWORK FOR THE MANAGEMENT AND PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The management and protection of the personal data of the lessee of BIKE IT EE are subject to the present terms, which are in accordance with the provisions of national, EU and international law, as in force from 25-05-2018 in our country, in accordance with the new General European Regulation 679/2016 for the protection of personal data.
BIKE IT EE guarantees the legal and appropriate process for the protection, security, integrity and confidentiality of the personal data it obtains, in order to prevent any unauthorized or unlawful access and processing of such data, as well as their accidental loss, destruction or damage, as well as the equipment used for their processing or archiving. In this context, BIKE IT EE carries out the lawful and legitimate processing of the personal data it collects, stores and processes in a transparent manner in relation to the data subject.
Update of the privacy terms
Collection of Personal Data: which data are collected and for which purpose
BIKE IT EE collects the personal data of visitors only when they willingly provide it, in order to provide the available services. Personal data are the data that can be used to identify or contact an individual, as well as other data concerning them.
How is personal data information used
By obtaining visitors’ consent, we collect and process their personal data in order to:
- To contact them
- Create a contract with them
- To carry out a transaction with the provision of promotional discounts
- Provide them with our services and products
- Verify their identity when they use these services
- Respond to their support issues
- Respond to comments or queries submitted on the websites, ask for their feedback or, if they wish, participate in surveys
- Provide, via email, promotional information (marketing information) about products and services that we believe may be of interest to them, after they have filled in their details on a contact form. At any time they wish to do so, they can inform us, via our websites, that they do not wish to continue to receive such e-mails
- To conduct our legal and business affairs, including managing risks related to content and fraud
- If required, to respond to questions/queries/requests from public authorities, court and public entities conducting an investigation
- For purposes required by law
How long do we store the personal information of our visitors/users?
BIKE IT EΕ guarantees that the personal data of its visitors/users will NOT be used for purposes other than those mentioned above in these terms and conditions, without their prior notification, approval, consent and agreement. Furthermore, BIKE IT EΕ guarantees that it collects the minimum necessary for the specific purpose and time of processing, relevant and appropriate, personal data, which is required to update and, if inaccurate, to correct or delete them, in accordance with the applicable General European Regulation.
How do we protect the personal data of our visitors/users
We store personal information on secure servers managed by our service providers, as well as occasional printed files stored in a secure location in Greece. The personal information we store or transmit is protected by security and access controls, including username and password authentication, two-factor authentication and data encryption where it is applicable.
RIGHTS OF THE PERSONAL DATA SUBJECT
The visitor may contact the relevant administrator to request:
- Access to their personal data, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format
- The review of their personal information
- The correction of incorrect/inaccurate and completion of incomplete information
- The deletion of their data
- The restriction of the processing of their data
- The withdrawal of their consent to the processing of their data. The withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on their consent for the period prior to its withdrawal
- The disclosure to them of the categories of data and the way in which their data are processed, the purposes of their processing, the recipients of the data, the period of their storage, the criteria for their storage, the origin of the data when not collected by BIKE IT EE, the existence of any automated decision-making, including profiling
- To object at any time and on grounds relating to their particular situation to the processing of their personal data
- To object at any time to the processing of their personal data when processed for direct marketing purposes, including profiling
- To receive the personal data that they have provided to BIKE IT EE and transmit them to another controller, without our objection, or even to request the direct transfer of their personal data from us to another controller, when this is feasible
- To submit a complaint either to our company, by sending an e-mail, or to a supervisory authority
The above rights are limited in certain cases, for example, if we are under a legal obligation to process the personal data of our visitors. It may therefore be necessary, in individual cases, to retain some of their data, even after their consent has been withdrawn.
Wherever we are required to provide our visitors’ personal data to comply with legal or contractual obligations, then the provision of such data is mandatory: if such data is not provided, then we will not be able to manage our contracted relationship with them or fulfil our obligations to them. In all other cases, the provision of the personal information requested is optional.
Whenever users visit the BIKE IT EE website, some of their information is recorded, and it is anonymous and does not reveal their identity. These categories of information are the following:
- the IP address or the IP address of a proxy server
- the domain name they requested
- the name of the Internet service provider, depending on the configuration of the ISP connection
- the date and time of their visit to the websites
- the duration of their session
- the pages they have accessed
- the number of times they have accessed our websites in any given month
- the URL of the file they are viewing and the information associated with it
- the web page that refers them to our sites; and
- the operating system their computer is operating o
About the processing of personal data for STATISTICAL PURPOSES.
BIKE IT EE may process part or all of the data sent by visitors for statistical purposes and to improve its services, with the consent of its visitors/users. BIKE IT EE collects identification data of visitors of its websites using appropriate technologies, such as cookies and/or Internet Protocol (IP) address tracking.
BIKE IT EE informs its website visitors that COOKIES are small text files stored on the hard drive of each visitor/user and do not acknowledge any document or file from his/her computer.
They are used to ease access to the use of specific services and/or pages of the websites, for statistical purposes and in order to determine which areas are useful or popular. These data may also include the type of browser used by the visitor/user, the type of computer, its operating system, the providers of Internet services and other such information. In addition, the information system of the https://www.bikeitrentals.com/ website automatically collects information about the pages visited by the visitor/user and about the links to third-party websites that the visitor/user may click on while browsing them.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA TO THIRD PARTIES
BIKE IT EE will not make available, transmit or disclose visitors’ personal data to third parties not related to itself, without their consent, with the exception of responding to its legal obligations to the public authorities.
We may disclose the personal information of our visitors to all individuals within our company, to our data processing system support providers, to our insurance company, to our financial institution, to institutions providing services on our behalf, and to any other individual to whom we are required to disclose it by court order.
In all cases, BIKE IT EE takes the necessary measures to ensure that all personal data information transmitted receives an acceptable level of protection.
In case of outsourcing the execution of the processing and/or transfer of the data to countries outside the European Union, BIKE IT EE will inform the data subject in advance and ensure that appropriate guarantees for the protection of personal data are provided and that appropriate technical and organizational measures are implemented, in terms of expertise, reliability and resources, in such a way that the processing is lawful and ensures the protection of the rights of data subjects and an equivalent level of security against risks is guaranteed.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE REGISTRATION OF INCORRECT PERSONAL DATA BY USERS/VISITORS
The customers of BIKE IT EE are solely responsible for any entry of personal data of third parties on our online sites without the relevant authorization/consent of the third party, as well as for the submission of false, untrue or inaccurate data and information, with the purpose of deception or misleading. BIKE IT EE reserves the right to request the payment of compensation from the visitor/user, in case they sustain any kind of damage due to the violation of these terms, to refuse the assignment of a password, to cancel an assigned password or to terminate the provision of services to the visitor/user in question.